Tuesday 13 November 2012

"3" Track 05 - Truman Sleeps

As well as trying to learn how to use the QY70 properly I am also trying to learn the piano and have been scouring the internet for sheet music to piano pieces I like. This particular piece is by Philip Glass which I believe was commissioned specifically for use in The Truman Show, starring Jim Carrey. Fantastic tune, fantastic film.

This was done completely using the step entry method of recording, something which I have found unwieldy but I think that was mainly because I didn't really understand note / rest lengths from music notation. On that basis it is stretching it a bit to call this a cover, more a demonstration of how a sequence generated from the page can sound. The original has a nice rhythm to it which I didn't replicate on the QY70, I may play about with the Play Effects feature at a later stage but I am happy with how this sounds for now.

Here is the original from the movie soundtrack The Truman Show:



And my QY70 version:

No comments:

Post a Comment