Thursday 4 October 2012

Let there be light

I don't want to have to sit under a light when composing so one of the first things I did when I got my QY70 was try and work out how to use it in dark conditions. I had investigated adding a backlight but not being confident in electronics I soon dismissed that idea, wouldn't want to ruin my baby!

The only other practical option I could think of and could realistically get to work was to add a front light so I ordered a book light on ebay for £1.79:



I had planned on sticking something permanently to the QY70 to attach the light to but the spring on the clip was too weak so in the end I just stuck the light on directly with duck tape. Not the most permanent of solutions but it is easy enough to re-attach again if I should ever need to remove it.

Here are some photos:






No comments:

Post a Comment